DMAW Lawyers are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
In this policy, references to “we” or “us” are references to DMAW Lawyers.
- In acting for you, we may collect certain personal information including:
(a) your name, address and contact details;
(b) information about your business or personal circumstances; and
(c) information about particular commercial transactions.
- As much as possible we collect this information from you personally.
- When it is not possible for us to collect the information from you personally, we will notify you that such information has been collected and tell you where we got the information from.
- Personal information collected about you is only used or disclosed to provide the legal services you instruct us to provide, and for purposes, related to the provision of the legal services, in respect of which you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information.
- From time to time we may use personal information that we have collected from you to provide you with information about our legal services which we expect to be of interest to you and to assist in marketing our firm. You may choose to opt‑out of receiving such material by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details set out below.
- We do not use your information for any other purpose without your consent. However, we reserve the right to use or disclose your information where required or permitted by Australian law or a court order.
- Our business is conducted in Australia, however we also work with clients, agents and associated entities located overseas and it may become necessary to disclose personal information to an entity located in another country as part of the services we carry out for you. We will obtain your consent before disclosing any personal information overseas and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information disclosed is subject to laws and requirements equivalent to the APPs.
- All reasonable measures are taken to ensure that any information we hold about you on paper, electronically or in any other form is stored securely.
- If we are no longer required to keep part or any of your information, it is securely destroyed.
- We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information we hold about you is complete and correct.
- You may at any time:
(a) request access to the information we have about you;
(b) seek correction to information we have about you; or
(c) make a complaint about an alleged breach by us of the APPs.
80 King William Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Telephone: 08 8210 2222
- Your matter will be considered by us and a response will be provided in writing within a reasonable time. If we are not able to resolve any issues relating to the information we hold about you, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner (telephone 1 300 363 992).