We are proud proponents of justice for all.
As lawyers, we are dedicated to improving access to justice in our community through voluntary pro bono work. We believe in using our talents to serve and give a voice to those who would otherwise face challenges and injustices without legal representation. We have a pro bono committee, which facilitates the participation of our lawyers at all levels and maximises the impact of our pro bono efforts.
We are a proud signatory to the National Pro Bono Target – this means that each of our lawyers is committed to dedicating at least 35 hours to pro bono legal services every year. We are also proud supporters of JusticeNet, the South Australian pro bono clearing house through which we provide pro bono legal assistance on range of matters to assist vulnerable and disadvantaged South Australians.
Pro bono matters
- We have carried out numerous workplace investigations into alleged conduct of employees for prominent South Australian charities.
- Our intervention has seen many unrepresented clients avoid bankruptcy or loss of their homes via JusticeNet’s State and Federal self-representation services.
- We delivered risk management advice and strategy, working through potential gaps in insurance and indemnity structures for a major charitable organisation.
- A not-for-profit organisation sought our advice about trustee remuneration.
- We have assisted many not-for-profit organisations to set up charitable trusts and foundations.
- A local care services provider sought our expertise in framing its contractual agreements.