We understand the many difficult and stressful situations that businesses and other organisations in health and care industries can come up against. Whether you’re looking after the interests of your business or not-for-profit organisation, our goal is to provide you with the best legal advice and outcomes possible.
Our health and care clients include private hospitals, diagnostic providers, community health centres, statutory bodies, Government departments, education bodies, health related entities and individuals. This means we have a deep understanding of a diverse range of health and care matters and the expertise to succeed.
Whether you’re starting a medical practice, looking at a joint venture or need advice regarding medical ethics, we have the knowledge and skill to provide you with the advice and outcomes you’re after.
- Joint ventures and other transactions
- Regulatory and representation
- Contracting & commercial
- Employment, industrial relations and work health and safety
- Covid-19 compliance, risk assessment and policy
- Competition and consumer protection
- Information security, privacy and data breach plans/response
- Health care start-ups and due diligence
- Governance and organisational issues
- Medical staff by-laws
- Medical ethics
- Managed care contracts and other issues
- Mergers, acquisitions, and transactions
- Compliance programs
- Property and leasing
- Not-for-profit compliance, status and taxation concessions
- SA Health retained us to provide independent specialist legal and strategic advice on industrial relations and employment law issues on the implementation of reforms to the public health system covering a review of awards, enterprise agreements and employment arrangements of all categories of health practitioners and support staff of Local Health Networks.
- We acted for a Commonwealth funded not-for-profit provider of the Australian General Practice Training Program for South Australia in relation to numerous contractual, compliance, risk management and workplace matters including directors’ duties and conflict management, employment contracts and disputes, WHS compliance, contractual arrangements with supervising medical practices, management of registrar disputes and grievances, advice on tendering and contractual arrangements with the Commonwealth.
- A substantial not-for-profit provider of disability services and accommodation sought our advice in relation to corporate governance, officer and management liability risks and indemnity, privacy, surveillance and whistleblower policy development and compliance, employment and consultancy contracts, NDIS regulatory compliance and investigations, business sale and purchases, supplier and commercial contracts, construction and housing agreements.
- Our team has acted for various health professional businesses in relation to employment and consultancy arrangements, training arrangements, post termination restraints.