Technical excellence and practical support for all stages of a project’s life.
The legal and technical issues associated with property development and construction projects are complex. Using our unrivalled market knowledge and commercial insights of the building industry, our construction law specialists can help you achieve your project objectives and overcome any project or site-specific challenges – no matter the stage of your project.
Our team is made up of front-end and back-end construction lawyers, allowing us to provide ground-up assistance to our clients – from contractual advice and negotiation, project delivery strategies to dispute resolution planning, and everything in between.
From the outset, we know that the success of any project is often determined well before anyone sets foot on site. That’s why we have become experts at preparing complex contracts for short and long-term developments, including infrastructure agreements and planning and development arrangements with all levels of government.
When and if you need it, our team is also here to develop effective dispute resolution strategies, aiming to achieve successful and prompt results as an alternative to formal litigation processes. However, should a dispute develop, you can be confident in our rich experience managing the legal process with a proactive and positive approach. We have represented construction clients in significant and complex proceedings. This, coupled with our deep industry knowledge and commerciality is what sets us apart.
- Contract drafting, advice and negotiation
- Project delivery strategies and contract administration
- Contract due diligence for financiers
- Legislative and regulatory advice
- Planning and development approvals
- Infrastructure agreements
- Advice on building management and rectification solutions
- Dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation
- Adjudications under the security of payment legislation
- Tribunal and court attendances
- Debt recovery
- Professional indemnity
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Construction claim management
- We acted in all aspects of major broad acre residential development projects, including negotiations with government, councils and landowners, infrastructure development and delivery.
- Our team negotiated the terms of contracts governing significant developments for South Australian not-for-profit aged care providers.
- We prepared terms of contracts providing for the undertaking of extensive rectification works.
- We assisted a client in a claim for approximately $10 million by a contractor engaged to provide mining services, including provision of labour, equipment, and materials for the performance of underground mining operations at a gold mine.
- Our team represented a waste management and recycling business before the Supreme Court in relation to the defective construction of its very significant processing facility.