Practical advice for effective solutions.
Regardless of the size of your organisation, there’s a universal truth: workplace law is a complicated beast. Your business must comply with legislation and regulations, workplace safety, risk management, negotiation of employment conditions, industrial action, dispute resolution, and more. With our leading knowledge and years of experience, we’re here to deal with the legalities so that you can keep your attention where it’s needed the most: your business operations.
Our workplace team advises and represents clients in all areas of employment and industrial law, from day-to-day advice to support on specific issues.
We’ve helped our clients achieve their goals by structuring commercially effective workforce arrangements which protect intellectual property, confidential information, business contacts and goodwill. We also advise on disciplinary issues including misconduct, performance management, workplace grievances, bullying and discrimination, and have assisted with confidential legal investigations.
Our strength is in understanding your operations to provide tailored, practical and commercially sensible solutions.
- Workplace health and safety
- Regulator investigations
- Contractual restraints
- Adverse action claims
- Termination of employment claims
- Underpayment of wages claims
- Acquisition and transfer of businesses
- Independent contracting
- Enterprise agreements and industrial awards
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Superannuation claims
- We successfully acted in breach of contract proceedings against a former real estate sales consultant and her new employer. Key issues included the unlawful diversion of client business and the use of confidential information.
- An Australian manufacturing retailer obtained our assistance with the review of an interstate workers compensation stress claim.
- Our team successfully assisted a national food producer in defending claims that it had breached the Fair Work Act. The potential financial impact of the allegations was more than $10 million. The result was a retrospective variation of the industrial award, with positive-industry wide implications.
- We provided industrial and strategic advice, due diligence advice and workforce integration advice on a $90 million gold mine acquisition.
- We assisted a national pharmacy business to conduct an internal whistleblower investigation, involving allegations of fraud and misconduct against senior management.