Specialist experience and trusted advice.
Unique business activities require specific legal skills and experience; this includes provision of practical advice and commercial solutions. Both are at the core of our offering.
From corporate advisory work to transactional advice, from dealing with ASX requirements to managing disputes, we’re renowned for our industry expertise and helping our energy and resource clients achieve their goals.
Our clients benefit from our deep, cross-sectional understanding of the industry. We have more than 20 years’ experience servicing local, national and international energy and resources clients, working closely with in-house legal teams and boards on all stages of the business cycle. In addition, our senior lawyers are experienced directors and company secretaries of ASX-listed operators. This gives us a unique ability to bring sound commercial perspectives to our legal services.
We have become a long-term trusted adviser to major South Australian clients, including:
- mining, exploration and production companies
- major electricity, oil and gas operators
- public utilities
- government bodies
- businesses providing technology and other essential products and services to the industry
Where the focus of the deal is outside South Australia, we’re often trusted by interstate and international law firms to manage the local aspects.
- Capital raising
- Joint ventures
- Farm-in/out agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Service agreements and outsourcing
- Corporate governance and statutory compliance
- Compliance with ASX Listing Rules
- Corporate advisory
- Transactional advice
- We provided advice on major and minor services contracts, including drafting and reviewing drilling and seismic services agreements.
- A mining client sought our expertise with its $90 million acquisition of a gold mine, involving a competitive tender process and a tight deadline to conduct due diligence, negotiate all transaction documents and achieve completion.
- An Australian gold producer requested our assistance with due diligence on overseas mineral-producing assets.
- We assisted a client in securing Commonwealth Government funding for a solar technology development project.
- We acted for a significant landowner in northern South Australia to negotiate an option and lease for a wind farm with a French renewables group.