Franchise lifecycle specialists.
Franchising is a complex, yet powerful tool for business growth. Starting a franchise is a big decision, and if you’re already a franchisee or franchisor, you’ll have jumped through plenty of legal hoops. Partnering with expert franchise lawyers like us can make your journey manageable.
Our franchise lawyers represent both franchisors and franchisees with Adelaide-based, national and international operations in a range of industries, including financial services, real estate, hospitality and retail. We are a trusted long-term adviser to many iconic Adelaide-based and South Australian franchisors, regularly assisting in-house legal teams, risk and compliance teams, management and boards with their operational needs and significant projects.
If you’re a start-up franchisor, we’ll advise you about establishing franchise structures, and produce all the documents needed to commence your franchising business. We’ll also help you comply with the Franchising Code of Conduct and other specialist laws.
Your business will further benefit from our ability to keep a close eye on any proposed and significant legislative changes. Our franchise law experts will keep you informed about how those changes may impact your business, suggest preventative action and recommend how to comply with new laws.
- Franchise agreements and master franchise agreements
- Transactional work and restructures
- Dispute resolution
- Termination of franchise agreements
- Legal compliance
- We prepared new licence agreements for an insurance client. The agreements were rolled out to more than 100 authorised representatives across Australia for a five-year term.
- We amended documents and franchise agreements for a multinational automotive client. Amendments included provisions about the display and supply of a new product range.
- We have established South Australian-based disclosure documents and franchise agreements for a restaurant franchise.
- Our team has managed the disclosure process for prospective franchisees, including execution of franchise agreements and licences to occupy.
- We have established and negotiated a master franchise agreement for Asia-based franchises.