Protecting your brand and investments.
New device, company logo or software program? Whatever it may be – your business’ intellectual property is an extremely valuable commercial asset. Protecting it can provide your business a competitive advantage and maximise your product or service’s value. It is our job to make sure this is achieved efficiently and effectively.
Our intellectual property team provides a holistic service, assisting clients with a full range of matters. From registration and protection of IP, helping with licensing, commercialisation and distribution agreements to resolving any IP-related disputes. Our clients seek advice from us to find the best and most cost-effective solutions to commercialising their creations, both in Australia and throughout the world.
- IP protection advice and strategy
- Registering trade marks, patents and design rights
- Hearings before IP Australia
- Enforcing copyright and IP protection
- Confidential information
- Domain names
- Licensing and commercialisation agreements
- Dispute resolution, litigation and IP infringement
- IP portfolio management
- Marketing strategies
- Privacy law
- Cyber and information security
- Our team has successfully pursued litigation and recovery of damages for trade mark infringements.
- Our team manages substantial trade mark portfolios, including conducting clearance searches on proposed trade marks, applying for trade marks with IP Australia and drafting submissions to IP Australia in relation to refusal or revocation of trade mark applications or registered trade marks.
- We have advised a client on the renegotiation of a multi-million-dollar IT services agreement, with a view to assisting the client to achieve greater certainty regarding fee expenditure under the contract.
- Our team has created and delivered privacy policies, social media policies and advised on data breach issues.
- We provide regular advice and representation in pursuing and defending claims for breach of copyright.