Current and fully informed perspectives through deep knowledge and responsiveness.
The financial and reputational impact that regulatory inquiries, investigations and enforcement proceedings can have on your business is enormous. That is why you need legal advisers who are fast, decisive and care about protecting your interests. That’s where we come in – naturally, we value your brand as much as your commercial success.
Our team has extensive knowledge of the complex and vast regulatory environment, both locally and in other jurisdictions, and across numerous industry sectors. We regularly advise on compliance issues, and have represented clients in significant actions involving market and supervisory regulators such as ASIC, ACCC and ICAC.
We like to approach issues proactively; taking the time to understand your business and put plans in place to minimise risks, save time and money and promote a strong compliance culture. But when a crisis is unavoidable, we move quickly; are on-hand with actionable solutions to manage often unfamiliar processes, and turn any situation into a positive reputation-building experience so that you can get on with business.
- Regulatory compliance and risk management advice
- Advice and representation in regulator investigations and inquiries
- Representation in regulator, shareholder, consumer and competitor legal actions:
- Competition and consumer ACCC matters
- Franchise and industry code matters
- Unfair contracts regime
- Environmental protection matters
- Corporate governance, director liability, ASIC and ASX matters
- ICAC investigations
- Ombudsman investigations
- Work health and safety
- Fair Work investigations
- Financial services and superannuation
- Privacy and cyber security
- We have acted for a leading agribusiness in relation to ACCC investigations and legal actions concerning alleged unfair contract terms, industry code compliance and alleged misuse of market power matters.
- We are assisting a major energy resources company on an ongoing basis in responding to ACCC investigation notices requiring production of documents and information.
- We have undertaken independent reviews for listed companies for compliance with ASX listing rules on the recommendation of the regulator.
- Our team has assisted a national retailer to conduct a whistleblower investigation, involving allegations of fraud and misconduct against senior management.
- We have advised and developed policies, programs and plans for public companies and large corporates for compliance in relation to whistleblower disclosures, data breach management and reporting, ESG, Privacy Act, Modern Slavery Act, work health and safety, Fair Work Act and discrimination, and conducted numerous investigations relations to such matters.