Partnering with you to accommodate your guests.
There is a myriad of potential liabilities that businesses in the hospitality industry must navigate. Whether you are a landlord, tenant or licensee in the industry, our aim is to ensure you maximise the benefits and opportunities of your business.
Our hospitality clients include large and small landlords, operators of licensed premises, wineries and distillers, both locally and nationally. This means we have a broad field of knowledge and experience to deliver. Whether setting up a business, obtaining a licence or keeping up with current trends in liquor and gaming laws, we are able to assist our clients in transactions, disputes and throughout the lifecycle of their business.
We pride ourselves on pursuing a deep understanding of our clients’ business and objectives, developing a rapport with them and achieving commercial outcomes.
- Liquor licence applications
- Objections to liquor licence applications
- Compliance with Liquor Licensing Act
- Compliance with Gaming Machines Act
- Specialist liquor licensing and gaming advice
- Applications for extended trading permits
- Variations to licence conditions and alterations/redefinitions of licensed premises
- Sale and purchase of licensed premises and businesses (including transferring of liquor and gaming licences)
- Landlord advice
- Preparation and review of lease agreements and rent reviews
- Representation before the Liquor Licensing Court and Supreme Court of South Australia
- We are trusted to protect and promote the interests in South Australia of one of Australia’s largest operators of licensed premises. Those interests cover the full field of licensing and gaming operations, as well as property related matters including leasing, and sale and purchase of businesses and land.
- Our team regularly deals with and appears before the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner and the Licensing Court of South Australia.
- We have dealt with the Licensing Enforcement Branch of South Australia Police regularly in respect of disciplinary matters brought before the Licensing Court of South Australia, achieving practical and sensible outcomes for clients.
- We have assisted both vendors and purchasers of leasehold and freehold interests associated with the liquor and hospitality industry by preparing and reviewing leases.
- We have acted for wineries and distillers in respect to both local and national licensing issues.