In the world of superannuation and financial services, there are constant changes to regulatory regimes and compliance requirements. Keeping up is stressful and there are plenty of other demands on your time. Here’s the good news: we can help.
We are proud of our reputation for providing exceptional advice to major South Australian superannuation and financial services businesses. We’re also known for advising clients in related areas including authorised deposit-taking institutions, friendly societies, self-managed superannuation funds and their service providers, as well as other financial services licensees.
Working closely with in-house legal teams, risk and compliance teams, management and boards, we advise on all legal and technical issues – from compliance and risk management to investments and transactional work, and more. Our team has assisted with many of South Australia’s most complex and significant superannuation and financial services transactions.
With the increase in superannuation-related court matters in South Australia, we are also there for our clients, guiding them through the complexities and working on outcomes that are commercially smart and practical. Our work includes applications to the Supreme Court for approval of trust deed amendments, as well as death benefit disputes and other complaint proceedings.
- Complaints handling and risk management
- Outsourcing and major contracts
- Investments and transactional work
- Constitution or trust deed amendments
- Successor fund transfers
- Death benefit disputes
- Complaint proceedings
- We acted for a large industry superannuation fund in the transfer of all accumulation accounts from a government superannuation scheme.
- A major South Australian employer sought our advice on superannuation guarantee compliance issues.
- Our team has negotiated investment consulting contracts and investment management agreements for large industry superannuation funds.
- We have defended death and disablement claim decisions on behalf of corporate and industry superannuation fund trustees.
- Our expert lawyers have advised corporate, retail and industry superannuation funds on more than 30 mergers and other successor fund transfers, with values up to $6 billion.