Balancing technical expertise and commercial awareness to get deals over the line.
Making decisions around finance does not come easy; the expectations and consequences are high. You need lawyers who balance technical expertise and commercial awareness to help you identify the real risks, achieve results, and efficiently progress your deal to financial close. Whether your business is lending or borrowing money, you’ve come to the right place.
Our experienced banking and finance team has been privileged to deliver outstanding strategy and execution on some of South Australia’s most significant and complex financial transactions. Over the years, we’ve worked on numerous multi-million dollar public-private partnership transactions, greenfield power and mining projects and secondary market deals for major infrastructure assets, to name a few.
Our clients come from a diverse range of industries with local, national and international operations. Whether you are an ASX-listed or family business, large corporate borrower, property developer, project sponsor or lender, we can assist you to achieve your objectives.
- Corporate finance
- Debt finance
- Project finance (including limited-recourse finance)
- Term sheets and facility agreements (both syndicated and bilateral)
- Security documents (including personal property securities)
- Hedge funds
- Inter-creditor arrangements in transactions involving multiple debt providers
- Tripartite arrangements between lenders, borrowers and key contractors
- Due diligence on existing financing arrangements
- Transaction execution
- The head of our banking and finance team acted for clients to secure limited-recourse financing for the acquisition of an interstate electricity transmission network.
- An aged care and community housing provider trusted us to establish a number of new debt facilities, including from a big-four bank and a corporate Commonwealth Government entity.
- Experience negotiating debt financing arrangements for the construction of a nuclear power station in the United Kingdom, involving negotiations with Her Majesty’s Government on the provision of a financial guarantee.
- We have assisted on work on financing for the construction of a new hospital in Victoria and other major public buildings in New South Wales.