It’s no secret that the field of tax is complex. That’s why our aim is to simplify the landscape so that our clients get a clear picture of their tax obligations and options. Straightforward and commercially focused tax advice is paramount to our services.
Whether a business, individual or foreign investor, our team can assist you with a wide variety of tax matters to ensure that you can minimise risks, save money and achieve great results.
Our tax lawyers have years of experience representing clients in a range of significant property development and commercial transactions. This means we are well-versed in providing innovative and cost-saving solutions in structuring and transactions, while ensuring compliance. With our excellent working relationships with revenue authorities, our team can also provide our clients with the very best legal representation in tax-related disputes.
- Corporate tax structuring
- Capital gains tax (CGT)
- Goods and services tax (GST)
- State taxes, including duties and land tax
- Income tax, GST and duty issues for property developers
- Superannuation guarantee compliance
- Superannuation taxes
- ATO objections and review
- Other tax-related disputes, including reviews and audits
- We advised on the application of the GST farming exemption in relation to acquisitions of farm land by property developers, and assisting with an application for a private binding GST ruling.
- We advised and assisted with submissions to the Commissioner of State Taxation regarding, the application of land holder duty and rebates in relation to a transfer of shares in a company owning both residential and non-residential land.
- Our expert lawyers advised on an application of superannuation guarantee legislation to a contractor, and assisting with preparing submissions to the Australian Taxation Office.
- We assisted on the tax treatment of a superannuation death benefit paid from the estate of a deceased member to the estate of the deceased member’s spouse, and assisting with the application of a private binding ruling in relation to same.
- We provided advice on compliance with the public ancillary fund guidelines for the purpose of assessing eligibility for deductible gift recipient endorsement.