Peter is a principal in the firm’s corporate practice.
He provides advice on the full range of corporate transactions including capital raisings, contested and friendly takeover bids and schemes of arrangement.
Peter has been company secretary of an ASX100 company and is experienced in managing the daily head office needs of small, medium and large businesses.
Peter regularly leads projects involving:
- gas transport and marketing;
- acquisitions and divestments;
- capital markets;
- takeovers and schemes;
- corporate governance;
- contracting and procurement;
- land access, native title and Aboriginal cultural heritage;
- dispute management and regulatory inquiries.
Key projects Peter has advised on include:
- a project development agreement and $1.4 billion gas transport agreement;
- a $554 million merger by scheme of arrangement;
- the acquisition of two gold mines in the Eastern Gold Fields of Western Australia;
- equity capital raisings including private placements, accelerated, low doc and traditional entitlement offers, share purchase plans and initial public offerings;
- contracts for the delivery of mineral and petroleum exploration, development and production activities including land access agreements, general services agreements, aircraft charter services agreements, construction services contracts, design services contracts, equipment hire services contracts, well site contracts, rig contracts and seismic survey contracts;
- managing multiple Federal Court applications for the determination of native title claims.
Peter was recognised in Doyle's Guide as a recommended in the category of Corporate Lawyers, in South Australia for 2023.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Supreme Court of South Australia
- High Court of Australia