Chris is a principal in our transactions team.
Chris specialises in mergers & acquisitions and acts for clients across a variety of sectors, including mining, financial services, energy, manufacturing, property and agriculture.
Chris also has extensive experience in banking & finance, having advised project sponsors, equity investors and financiers in relation to the financing of major energy and infrastructure projects (both in Australia and abroad) including:
- a number of significant Australian public private partnership transactions, such as the Sydney International Convention, Exhibition and Entertainment Precinct and the New Bendigo Hospital;
- the new Hinkley Point C nuclear power project in the UK, involving negotiations with His Majesty’s Government on the provision of a financial guarantee and other Government support mechanisms for the project; and
- privitisations including the acquisition of the TransGrid electricity transmission network from the NSW Government.
Chris also has experience in the financing of mining and oil assets, property developments and corporate and project acquisitions and reorganisations.
Chris also acts on other corporate transactions, as well as general commercial and contractual matters for a broad range of clients, including some of the largest businesses in South Australia.
Chris was recognised by Doyle's Guide as a Leading Commercial and Business Lawyer in South Australia for 2023.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Arts (History)
- Supreme Court of South Australia
- High Court of Australia