2022 Meritas ANZ Regional Meeting
We have had an excellent few days hosting the 2022 Meritas Australia and New Zealand Regional Meeting.
Kicking off on Wednesday 19 October with an office tour and cocktail reception at DMAW Lawyers, our ANZ Meritas partners joined us here in South Australia for an action packed Regional Meeting, featuring two days of expert sessions on the topics of strategy, leadership, talent management and diversity, followed by dinners at premier Adelaide restaurants Jolley's Boathouse and Fino Vino.
Some highlights from our expert sessions were:
- welcome and address from the Honourable Justice Livesey, President of the Court of Appeal
- Meritas strategy update from Bret Krantz (Meritas Chair) and Sona Pancholy (Meritas President)
- Trudy MacDonald (Talent Code HR) on "Talent Management in a Talent Short Market: What to Do"
- Joel Barolsky (Barolsky Advisers) on "Leadership in Law Firms in Changing Times: Cultural Fragility & Management Essentials"
- an engaging panel on "Diversity and Gender in the Legal Profession" facilitated by Grantley Stevens (Nexia Edwards Marshall), with panelists Suzanne Mackenzie (Bar Chambers & Co-Founder of DMAW Lawyers), Rebecca Sandford (Immediate Past President of the Law Society and DMAW Lawyers' alumna) & Nicole Bennett (General Counsel, ResourceCo)
- panel session from our Meritas young lawyer cohort and facilitated by James Skelton (Swaab) on "Optimising Careers for Young Lawyers"
- an insightful session from James G. Perkins (COO, Precopio) on "Firm Performance and management of leadership teams: Views from a COO"
Thank you to our generous presenters for sharing your time and providing such relevant, valuable insights. Your sessions certainly generated lots of healthy discussion among the group over the course of the meeting.
To our Meritas partners - it has been a privilege to host such a friendly, intelligent and passionate group of people. Thank you for your participation and for travelling from interstate (and overseas) to visit us here in Adelaide, South Australia. We hope you enjoyed your time here, just as much as we enjoyed hosting you.